Pages

10.4.11

50 Projects: 52 Weeks (12. Pinwheel Classic Hat)

Wow. I've been quite absent from crafting lately. Wondering what's happened these past few weeks?

1. I was rear-ended about a month ago and got mild whiplash. 

2. The same Saturday, I got a rejection letter from a project engineering job I thought I had bagged. (But am grateful, in the end, that I didn't get it - they were miserable people!)

3. Steve and I are two ships passing in the night (he's been working 50-ish hours a week and doing Larimer County Search and Rescue training!)

4. I worked 14 out of 15 days and have been biking everywhere on my sweet ride. Results of my crazy life? I visited an Old Town Acupuncture to eliminate some achy knee problems and to relieve some of the pressure in my upper back and neck (it's where I carry my stress).

I just feel like I need to get back to my roots and I've swayed from simplicity. Today was a sleep-in day. A catch-up day. A time to re-center.

So...catching up. Here's a project I completed a week ago but haven't posted. I realized that I don't actually own many beanies of my own (despite all the ones I've made for others)! I wanted a simple and classic cap. My friend Elizabeth and I met up for a quick brunch one day and we found this stash of bulky Lopi  Icelandic yarn at, believe-it-or-not, an Arc Thrift Store. Wow. It's delish.




Need the pattern? You can find this pattern here.





No comments:

Post a Comment