Pages

28.2.11

A Reminder

Sometimes I forget why Steve and I moved to Colorado. It's a gorgeous, soul-awakening place. It's full of raw, untapped beauty. I forget the colorful sunsets and the big-open-blue-skies. I forget what it's like to stand on top of a summit and breathe in crisp mountain air and...wait. Hear. Nothing. It pierces my soul. 

But, then, the everyday nonsense gets in the way; washing dishes, working, laundry, errands, fixing and mending and the like. I rarely leave FoCo and my "familiar" surroundings. Ordinary becomes content.

Sweeping plains with red earth at Devil's Backbone (Blue Sky Trail)


It's a beautiful 13.0 mile long trail (we only did but a fraction of it).


So, I received a friendly reminder of why we moved to CO. Inhale. Take a look at its beauty. Smile.


2 comments:

  1. I love the pics! Thanks for your insight! I wish that I could just drive right out of town like you guys and see THAT! Love it!

    How blessed you guys are to be in such a beautiful place w/ good jobs (at least Steve, right now).

    What did he decide about the other job...to keep it or not?

    Any word for you?

    ReplyDelete