Pages

13.2.11

50 Projects: 52 Weeks (7. Soft Braided Hat)


Soft Braided Hat - an Irish Fisherman's Dream

It was chilly last week in Colorado and I felt horrible that my husband was always searching for his hats that always seem to get misplaced - and to make matters worse, he has been getting up to go to work sometimes as early as midnight or 2:00 AM. Ridiculous. 

I have also had trouble sleeping, so one evening, as Steve went to bed at 6:30 PM, I started knitting him this classically warm hat. I had it almost completed by the time he had to leave (almost!). I am not sure I'd recommend this pattern again; I think I would've preferred a tighter braided/cable pattern, but for my husband's large head, this won him over! If you look closely - flecks of aqua, purple, pink and blue/gray. 

This ball of yarn came from a stash I nabbed for $3.99 at Goodwill. I've been searching thrift stores to repurpose old wool yarns, and came across a bag with some balls from as far away as Ireland (more projects to follow suit, I hope!).

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Yea for knitting, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. envious of your knitting skills!

    http://loveleelittlelife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete