Pages

21.1.11

Cozy up with Spices

I grab a cup of black chai (creamed, of course!) and pull out several of my favorite ingredients:

Squash (this time it was Acorn Squash!) It's super cheap at the farmers market and really easy to freeze and pull out later.

Whole Wheat Pastry Flour - Baking just isn't the same without it. I've had to "adjust" my baking a bit at this higher altitude, but not by much. Pastry Flour is just so much more light and airy (it has more of the bran and germ portions of the wheat kernel). 

Garam Masala - I practically had pounds of this seasoning, it seems. I struggle to find uses for it, but I think I may have just discovered a gold mine.

And, Voila! I've made this great bread by 101 Cookbooks:


(Photo courtesy of 101 Cookbooks - doesn't it look delish?!)

You can find the recipe here! It reminds me of the bread-pudding that my English friends in New Zealand used to make in their old wood-burning stove. Ahh, the memories...




No comments:

Post a Comment