Pages

15.8.11

50 Projects: 52 Weeks (19. Repurposed Glass and Metal Entryway Table)

Well. It seems like I've taken a big hiatus from posting anything on my blog. Summer has been challenging in so many ways. Though I might be eons behind everyone else doing the 50 Projects, I thought I'd keep trying anyway. This is out of order, but I'll start with this project [It's for sale!]





This started as an old iron aquarium tank stand. Matte black and slightly rusted. It had an odious piece of plywood screwed to the top. I removed the plywood and bought a can of Krylon metal, hammered finish spray in Grey. Then, thanks to Freecycle, I had some 1/4" glass, repurposed from a glass-faced cabinet. Voila! A couple of silicone feet for the glass, a little bit of elbow grease and this table has clean modern lines. And a little flirty detail in the front legs. 

Great for an entryway, especially our own entryway because it's transparent and appears to float in such a small space! It also would be stellar outside since it's made to handle the elements.

What we hope to do is sell it. I am not attached to anything I own; we hope to sell it for a little more than it took to repurpose it. Any takers? 40 bucks? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment